Download printable leaflet below
- Thermic Celloflex
- Thermic Celloclim
- Cladding Rails for polytunnels and greenhouses
- Crop Support Bars
- Highbank Roll-up Windows
- Polytunnel Netted Doors
- Semi-rigid Corrigated or Flat Polycarbonate
- White Opaque Plastic
- Richel Black Netting
- Ground Pins for Tunnels
- Steel Clips
- Repair Tape
- Strong Gauge Green Netting
- Weed Control & Frost Protection
- Polytunnel Additional Hoops
- Anti Hotspot Tape
- It is always advisable, from our experience to have 2 door openings, one at each end not only for wind control but for humidity control within the tunnel for better production. The doors may be clad in netting for ventilation and humidity control.
- If our metal cladding rails are used it is advisable to concrete in the steel pins. The cladding rails may go to any height and link both netting and plastic for netting sides if more ventilation is needed.
- Above 6m long, it is advisable to have 2 x roll up windows for ventilation
- Assembly can be arranged directly with our technicians if required.
- Several types of ground covers are available for weed control and advice on raised bed production. (See Accessories)
- The most common starting lengths are 8m or 10m long remember they can be extended at a later date when replacing plastic so the decision is not final.
- Allow at least 1m on each side of the structure for digging in the plastic
- Position in the sunniest location in the garden, ideally running north to south for maximum light.
- On sunny days do leave the door open for maximum ventilation if the netted door option has not been used.
- Do tension the plastic as much as possible to ensure a long life.
- Over 8m long windows should be considered to control ventilation – these can be retrofitted at a later date and come with netting and roll up facility.
- Anti hot spot tape is NOT recommended when used to lengthen the life of the plastic as it appears to shorten it. (In hotter climes they paint a white line on the OUTSIDE of the plastic to reflect the sunlight away.) Anti hot spot tape is recommended only where homemade steel has rough edges, so that, in assembly, when the plastic is pulled over the structure, it doesn’t rip.
- Further queries do contact us.
If you need any further details on this product please let us know and we will respond as soon as possible.
Tell a Friend / Bookmark
5.5 M wide Straight sided Polytunnel
A strong, robust structured polytunnel greenhouse made for more serious amateur grower, group or for exposed sites. The frame is made from galvanised steel sheet manufactured using the Sendzir process and meeting with EU standards NF EN 10-147 and NF EN 13031-1. The arches are in 4 socketed parts from ovalized tubing for extra strength. The weld free reversible clamp is a patented invention and means no welding ensuring structural strength. The addition of the straight sides, over 2m high, makes this greenhouse extremely attractive to the serious amateur grower giving extra area and height for crops and working comfort.
Over the last 10 years this greenhouse has also been used successfully for teaching Horticultural Groups, Horticulture in Schools, Commercial Growers and Retail Outlets.
Grow with Highbank. This 5.5m straight sided greenhouse can be subdivided for all types of uses and is good for tutorials in horticulture as well as for production.
- Over 10 years in Ireland with satisfied customers
- Height to the apex 2.85m
- Hoop spacing 2m (optional 1m for coastal locations)
- Steel fully galvanised ovalized tubing
- Cladding 6 season guaranteed 800g UVI anti-dust Celloflex. Optional cladding materials polycarbonate, PVC, thermic high-diffusion celloclim available
- Plastic supplied always with enough to cover the two ends to make your own doors if this is preferred to the steel option & comes with 4 brackets to connect the hoop to droppers (if used).
- 2 x Steel framed doors and gable bar with steel handles and netting cover optional
- Crop support bars for internal hoops are optional
- Cladding rail optional for easy recladding or optional netting side ventilation.
- Windows with roll up plastic and netting optional, may be retrofitted
- Delivery throughout the country if required and subject to stock.
- Assembly instructions provided along with telephone backup.
- Technicians for assembly are available, full written instruction are provided.
- Display unit at Highbank Organic Farm
5.5 M wide Straight sided Polytunnel Prices
|€ Frame||€ 836||€ 1112||€ 1352||€ 1628||€ 1869||€ 2144||€ 2386||€ 2662||€ 2903||€ 0|
|€ 6 Season Plastic||€ 196||€ 234||€ 273||€ 312||€ 351||€ 390||€ 429||€ 468||€ 507||€ 0|
|€ Sub Total||€ 1032||€ 1346||€ 1626||€ 1940||€ 2220||€ 2534||€ 2815||€ 3130||€ 3409||€ 0|
|€ Metal Cladding Rail||€ 160||€ 213||€ 316||€ 369||€ 423||€ 525||€ 581||€ 633||€ 739||€ 0|
|€ Crop Support Bars||€ 47||€ 95||€ 142||€ 190||€ 237||€ 284||€ 332||€ 378||€ 425||€ 0|
|€ 2 x Steel Framed Doors||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 640||€ 0|
|€ Total incl. all Options||€ 1880||€ 2294||€ 2724||€ 3140||€ 3520||€ 3984||€ 4368||€ 4781||€ 5210||€ 0|
All prices are including V.A.T. and excluding delivery (carriage can be arranged). We reserve the right to change prices without notice.