Download printable leaflet below
- Thermic Plastics rod cladding and recladding
- Thermic Celloclim
- Crop Support Bars
- Polytunnel Netted Doors
- Richel Black Netting
- Weed Control & Frost Protection
- Steel Clips
- Cladding Rails for polytunnels and greenhouses
- Ground Pins for Tunnels
- Static Side Vents
- Polytunnel Additional Hoops
- Strong Gauge Green Netting
- White Opaque Plastic
- Repair Tape
- Anti Hotspot Tape
- It is always advisable, from our experience to have 2 door openings, one at each end not only for wind control but for humidity control within the tunnel for better production. We find the netting covering on the doors gives good humidity control.
- If our metal cladding rails are used it is advisable to concrete in the steel pins.
- Assembly can be arranged directly with our technicians if required.
- Our galvanised Crop Support Bars can be used for irrigation lines as well as for such vegetable as beans, tomato and cucumber wiring.
- Several types of ground covers are available for weed control and advice on raised bed production. (See Accessories)
- For home production, the most common lengths are 6m or 8m long. Remember they can be extended at a later date when replacing plastic so the decision is not final
- Allow at least 1m on each side of the structure for digging in the plastic
- Position in the sunniest location in the garden, ideally running north to south for maximum light.
- On sunny days do leave the door open for maximum ventilation if the netted door option has not been used.
- Do tension the plastic as much as possible to ensure a long life.
- Anti hot spot tape is NOT recommended when used to lengthen the life of the plastic as it appears to shorten it. (In hotter climes they paint a white line on the OUTSIDE of the plastic to reflect the sunlight away.) Anti hot spot tape is recommended only where homemade steel has rough edges, so that, in assembly, when the plastic is pulled over the structure, it doesn’t rip.
- Further queries do contact us.
If you need any further details on this product please let us know and we will respond as soon as possible.
Tell a Friend / Bookmark
5m (17ft) Wide Polytunnel
The 5 metre wide polytunnel has proven to be the most popular for the hobby gardener offering extra height for better working and growing conditions and thereby more disease control. With straighter sides for easier planting and use of raisable bed cultureit is easy for the DIY person to assemble. Also popular are the netted and sliding door options for ventilation control, the option of additional crop support bars for irrigation lines or crop and the metal cladding rail if the ground is too hard for digging the plastic. New 2013 option WRINKLE FREE ENDS & Highbank patented metal SLIDING DOOR.
A family would have a great deal of produce from the popular 6m or 8m long models and can extending lengthwise at a later date
Delivery is within 48hrs subject to stock, but collection is also an option. Assembly teams are available if required.
Grow with Highbank. This is a great family tunnel. Below are some of its features and prices. Do contact us with any further questions.
- Width 5m
- Length in multiples of 2m – average size 6m or 8m long
- Height to the apex 2.5m
- Hoop spacing 2m
- Steel fully galvanised 2.65mm wall thickness made specific to EU greenhouse norms
- Cladding long life thermal 800g UVI
- Plastic supplied always with enough length to cover the two tunnel ends to make doors as well as with 4 brackets to connect the hoop to timber droppers (if used).
- Optional Doors & gable ends incl: 2 x Steel Gable Bars & Steel Framed Doors with steel handles and netting cover are optional or 2 x wrinkle free ends with sliding doors
- Optional Crop Support Bars on every internal hoop
- Delivery throughout the country if required and subject to stock
- Assembly instructions provided along with telephone backup.
- Assembly teams available
- Cladding rail available for stone or concrete sites.
- Display unit at Highbank Organic Farm with raised beds and irrigation.
Click any image to view large version.
5m (17ft) Wide Polytunnel Prices
|€ Frame||€ 455||€ 579||€ 704||€ 827||€ 951||€ 1075||€ 1198||€||€||€ -|
|€ Long Life Thermal 800g Plastic||€ 161||€ 194||€ 226||€ 260||€ 299||€ 332||€ 365||€||€||€ -|
|€ Sub total (frame & Plastic) incl extra plastic for doors||€ 616||€ 774||€ 930||€ 1086||€ 1250||€ 1407||€ 1563||€||€||€ -|
|€ 2x hinge doors||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480||€||€||€ -|
|€ Sub total incl. frame,plastic,doors||€ 1096||€ 1253||€ 1410||€ 1566||€ 1729||€ 1887||€ 2043||€||€||€|
|€ Option: Long Life Metal Cladding rail||€ 176||€ 234||€ 344||€ 405||€ 486||€ 573||€ 633||€||€||€|
All prices are including V.A.T. and excluding delivery (carriage can be arranged). We reserve the right to change prices without notice.